Saturday, October 26, 2019

Translation: Miyagawa reacts to being drafted by the Lions


===

Tetsu Miyagawa was the Saitama Seibu Lions first round draft pick of 2019. After it became official, he was interviewed with a small reaction to being taken by the team.

Here is what he said:

Reporter: At first, congratulations on becoming a first round draft pick. 

Tetsu Miyagawa: Thank You.

===

R: What were your feelings when you were nominated in the first round? 

TM: I wasn't drafted two years ago when I graduated from university. That's what made me embarrassed. That's why I have worked for two years so I could become a pro and it made me happy.

===

R: I'm guessing you had several moments for two years. Is there anyone you want to say something to? 

TM: I want to tell my parents.

R: Did you already contact them? 

TM: Yes, I have.

R: Please tell me what you told them, if you don't mind me asking. 

TM: I told them how I was a burden for them, but I told them thanks and that I'll do my best.

===

R: What's your impression of the Seibu Lions? 

TM: I believe they won the (Pacific League Penannt) for two years in a row and their hitting his great.

===

R: What kind of pitcher do you want to be with the Lions? 

TM: I want to become a pitcher who can be trusted in important (high leverage) situations.

===

R: Do you have a player or role model that you aim to be on the Lions? 

TM: Personally I don't have one. Everyone is a great player (in professional baseball), so I want to persevere so that I can catch up them.

===

R: What do you think of your teammate Okano being drafted? 

TM: This is my opinion, but he was an ace pitcher with us (at Toshiba). I followed him for two years with the feeling that I didn't want to see him stranded in the shakaijin leagues. So I was happy to hear he was drafted.

P Yuichiro Okano was the third round pick by the Chunichi Dragons. Both Miyagawa and Okano are the same age. 

===

Special thanks to @ayulions0217 for helping with translation.  

Follow us on Twitter @GraveyardBall

No comments:

Post a Comment